Dwightwood Springs was named after Edwin O. Wood, Flint, MI. In 1909, he donated money to honor his late son Dwight Hulbert Wood. This spring comes from the Mackinac Island limestone bedrock. Limestone is made up mainly of calcium calcite. Limestone can be described as a sedimentary rock. This means that different particles were compressed or compacted to form it. The sediment is then compressed, and it forms layers called beds or strata.
Many islanders thirsted for water from these springs in the beginning. This water is no longer safe to drink, according to current standards of water quality.
TDS readings unclear, temperature 45 degrees
1201, Mission St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757, US